- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- Approx 30 ounces of chicken broth ~use the canned stuff if you must 😉
- 2 cups of water (I used all broth, NO water)
- 2 small bunches of broccoli, trimmed, cut into 3 inch lengths (whatever, I don’t follow directions well. Maine Man will agree to that. He also says I have issues when told what to do…..I disagree)
- 1/2 cup on uncooked minute rice (I used regular whole grain rice)
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (I used more)
Lots of salt & pepper (my own addition)
- Cook & stir carrots, onion, and celery in hot oil in large sauce pot on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and water (again I say no water). Stir & bring to boil.
- Stir in broccoli & rice. Reduce heat simmer for 10-15 minutes (I did longer to cook the rice.) or until vegetables are tender.
- Add soup in batches to blender or food processor. Blend until pureed. Return soup puree to pot. Add milk & cheese. Cook until heated.
So in my hysteria I went to the butcher shop and ordered 40lbs of chicken bones. MM thinks I’m insane. I kinda like it that way 🙂 I MUST have chicken stock! I’ll admit I am a bit of a food hoarder. Is there a TV show about that. Maine Man would sign me up…..LOL